Sliding scale yoga classes
To apply for sliding scale fees:
1. Please complete the form below
2. Print the completed form, and attach requested supporting documentation
3. Mail the form and supporting documents to us at 2429 Ontario Rd. NW, Washington DC 20009
4. Given the high volume of inquiries we receive, it may take a few weeks to process your application. Please do not call to check the status of your application; rest assured that we are working on it.
Sliding Scale Application Form
All information is confidential.
Employer Name (if any):
Monthly net income from work (after taxes) $
Monthly public assistance checks (SDI, Welfare, etc.) $
Monthly unemployment compensation $
Any other monthly or annual income (such as a second job) $
TOTAL NET INCOME $
How many adults are supported by this income:
How many children are supported by this income:
Yoga District requires written verification of your monthly income such as pay stubs, income tax return or AFDC form. We also require written verification of extraordinary expenses (i.e. medical/dental costs) such as a bill, receipt or check stub. Please provide a copy of the main pages of your last tax return.
Yoga District is a nonprofit organization, and our class proceeds are dedicated to furthering yoga outreach at Yoga District studios and outreach locations including homeless shelters, trauma survivor organizations, detention centers, schools, and other public service nonprofits and agencies.
Information which I have provided above is accurate and complete. I agree to notify Yoga District if there is any change in my income or expenses which would affect my eligibility for the sliding scale discount within 5 days of those changes.
Signature of parent/guardian or adult student: ________________________
- Some Encouragement As We Head Intro Spring!From Daisaku Ikeda’s “To My Friends” Series: Determine to face and challenge any suffering or hardship head on! Continuous, ceaseless efforts to challenge your situation will enable you to strengthen […]
See all yoga teachers »
Check out the yoga teacher training »