Join us in Jaćo, Costa Rica for two weeks of paradise on earth.
You’re invited to join the Yoga District family in Jaćo, Costa Rica, for two weeks of paradise on earth. Jaćo is a renowned surf town in the center of Costa Rica’s pacific coast. It is surrounded by a luscious rainforest, diverse wildlife, and famous local beaches. Our unique yoga vacation is an opportunity to revitalize at an intimate, boutique-style lodge, and optionally earn (for additional tuition) your 200-hour yoga instructor certification through an immersion-style teacher training onsite.
As you dive into the two week yoga getaway or 200-hour yoga teacher training, this luxury, rainforest lodge is a place to call home. Leave behind your to-do lists to enjoy luxury accommodations, daily yoga classes, and delicious vegan meals as you kick back your heels. Enjoy access to an outdoor scenic pool featuring a waterfall cave. Delve deeper into your practice through an intensive teacher training schedule as a trainee, or alternatively, explore the wide array of Jaćo’s local attractions and enjoy downtime with like-minded community as a vacationer.
If you choose to sign up for the 200-hour teacher training as part of your getaway, you’ll enjoy transformative yoga and meditation teachings with Yoga District’s founder, Jasmine Chehrazi, through an intensive curriculum embracing a holistic approach to yoga teachings, philosophy, and lifestyle. To learn more extensive information about our teacher trainings, see the teacher training page.
See all details and a sample training schedule below. Contact us with any questions or sign up for either the 200 hour Teacher Training in Jaćo, Costa Rica or Tropical Yoga Vacation online.
- Luxury double occupancy shared accommodation (2 guests per room)
- Free wireless internet service
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV
- Drinkable double-purified mountain spring water on tap
- Costa Rica hardwood furniture
- Coffee maker and complimentary coffee
- Hair drye
- Laundry services (for an additional fee)
- Room service (for an additional fee)
- Local and international call service (for an additional fee)
- Free-form mosaic swimming pool featuring a waterfall cave
- Small jet pool
- Onsite private yoga studio
- Onsite spa offering specialized treatments and services for additional fee (massages, wraps, aromatherapy, reflexology, facials, manicures and pedicures
- Onsite Conference center
- Onsite open air restaurant
- Onsite bar
- Wireless internet available free throughout the guest rooms and property
- Delicious wholesome vegan food and drink using a variety of fresh and local ingredients will be served.
- 7:30am morning Ayurvedic cleansing tea to start the day
- 10am brunch (may include fresh fruit salads, whole grains, hearty stews, breads, sandwiches, granola, Ayurvedic teas chosen specifically for your elemental constitution according to a brief Ayurvedic analysis, coffee, etc.)
- 4pm dinner (may include stews with rice or quinoa, roasted and/or grilled veggies, beans, fruits, salads iced tea, raw vegan cookies, etc.)
Optional (for additional fees)
- Enjoy a day trip to the nearby marina
- Visit Jaćo’s nearby famous surf beaches, including the renowned Playa de Jaćo (within a mile of the lodge)
- Sign up for locally organized excursions through surrounding rain forests, eco-safaris, and wildlife safaris
- Explore Jaćo’s many attractions (shopping, nightlife, restaurants, souvenir shops, art galleries, churches of various denominations, casinos, etc.)
- *All excursions may be organized locally once on ground in Costa Rica for additional fees. Excursions cannot conflict with teacher training sessions.
Tuition, Payment Plans, and Work-Study
Early Bird Tuition (pay in full by March 1st, 2014)
- Yoga Vacation: $1,500
- Yoga Vacation & 200 hour Teacher Training: $3,555
- Regular Tuition
- Yoga Vacation: $2000
- Yoga Vacation & 200 hour Teacher Training: $4,055
Payment Plans and Work-Study
- Payment plans are available for all of those in need! We accept payment plans and work out their terms on a case-by-case basis. See our suggested payment plan terms below. Email Purnima ([email protected]) with any additional questions you may have about individual payment plans and/or work-study terms.
- $500 non-refundable deposit upon initial registration
- Remaining balance auto-charged to your credit card 1 week before trip (March 5, 2014)
Yoga Vacation & 200 hour Teacher Training:
- $200 non-refundable deposit due upon initial registration
- $1,500 auto-charged to your credit card upon official acceptance into the training (once you’ve submitted your supplementary teacher training application to [email protected] and received the welcome email)
- $500 installments auto-charged to your credit card monthly March-June, 2014 to cover remaining balance due
- Optional: enroll in a weekly, in-studio work-study internship at Yoga District to work off $500 of tuition fees at an exchange rate of $10/hour for up to 50 hours. A minimum 9-month work-study commitment is required to qualify for work-study.
Costa Rica Teacher Training Sample Schedule
March 12, 2014
12-1pm: Arrival, informal intros
1pm-4pm: Group intros, ethics, modifications, individual Ayurvedic dosha analyses
4-6pm: Daily meditation, breathing, concentration practices
6-7:30pm: Practice teaching (outdoors at shaded breeze yoga platform) or group class (modifications provided for new students and advanced options for experienced students)
7:45-9pm: Dinner (may include stews with rice or quinoa, roasted and/or grilled veggies, beans, fruits, salads, iced tea, raw vegan cookies, etc.)
7-8am: Ayurvedic cleansing teatime and environmental care (optional*)
8-8:45am: Daily meditation, breathing and concentration practices
8:45-10:30am: Practice teaching (outdoors at shaded breeze yoga platform) or group class (modifications provided for new students and advanced options for experienced students)
10:30-11:15am: Practice teaching
11:15-12:15pm: Brunch (may include fresh fruit salads, whole grains, hearty stews, breads, sandwiches, granola, Ayurvedic teas chosen specifically for your elemental constitution according to your individual Ayurvedic dosha analysis, coffee etc.)
12:15-2pm: Lecture (lecture may be in the yoga studio room, outdoor shaded breeze yoga platform, poolside, etc.)
2-4pm: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: study break activity in groups (at the nearby setting of your choice)
Tuesday: practice teaching (in the yoga studio room)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: practice teaching and/or lecture at excursion site (excursions may include locations such Playa de Jacó, surf beaches, Jacó city, surrounding rainforest reserves, a local marina, national wildlife reserves and parks, etc.)
4-6pm: Lecture or practice teaching (Friday, Saturday, Sunday may be at excursion site)
6-7:45pm: Outdoor lecture (outdoors at shaded breeze yoga platform) or take evening class (modifications provided for new students and advanced options for experienced students)
9-10pm: Monday, Wednesday: Yoga Nidra sleep meditation (*optional)
Tuesday, Thursday: chanting in studio (*optional)
7-8am: Ayurvedic cleansing teatime and environmental care (*optional)
8-8:45am: Daily meditation, breathing and concentration practices
8:45-9:45am: Trainees teaching
10-11am: Trainees teaching
1:15-2:15pm: Trainees teaching
2:30-3:30pm: Trainees teaching
5pm: Shuttle departure
*Each trainee must complete at least six hours of activities marked above as optional.