Meet Stacey, one of our teachers at Yoga District. She finds empowerment through self-love and trying new things in her
practice. Learn what four key lessons her yoga practice has taught her about herself and about life.
“It’s such an amazing feeling to know that you can travel across the globe and find your people in no time through the
practice of yoga.”
Check out Stacey’s current class offerings below and sign up here.
- Monday 6:35PM, Flow Yoga 1-2 @ Dupont
- Wednesday 12:30PM, Powerful Flow Yoga 1.5-3 @ Dupont
- Thursday 12:15PM, Flow Yoga (all levels) @ 14th Street
- Thursday 5:15PM, Flow Yoga 2-3 @ 14th Street
- Thursday 6:35PM, Flow + Yin (all levels) @ 14th Street
- Friday 12:30PM, Flow Yoga 1.5-3 @ H Street
- Saturday 10:15AM, Strong + Sweaty Flow Yoga 1.5-3 @ Dupont
Meet Morgan, one of our teachers at Yoga District. Read about her perspective regarding honoring oneself through yoga. Also how yoga continues to be a learning experience for her and her introduction to the practice through a random encounter.
“I remind students that they have no obligations to me but only to themselves.”
Check out Morgan’s current class offerings below and sign up here.
- Friday 5:15PM, Flow Yoga 1-2 w/ Focus on Hips @ Petworth
- Saturday 1:30PM, Flow Yoga 1-2 w/ Focus on Hips @ Bloomingdale Read more >>
Meet Stephanie, one of our teachers at Yoga District. Learn about her journey with yoga and her love for the DC community.
“People come to their mats for many reasons, but once we’re in the studio we’re all in it together.”
Check out Stephanie’s current class offering below and sign up here.
Monday, 8PM: Flow Yoga 1.5 – 3 @ H Street
Meet Alfredo, one of our teachers at Yoga District. Learn about his experiences with yoga and how he recommends students can deepen and grow comfortable in their practices.
Check out Alfredo’s current class offering below and sign up here.
- Tuesday 6:35 PM, Meditative Flow 1-2 @ 14th Street
Read on and stop by one of his classes to get to know him better!
Meet Lily, one of our teachers at Yoga District. Learn about her experiences with yoga and why she is so passionate about teaching.
Check out Lily’s schedule below and sign up here.
- Monday 1:45 PM, Flow Yoga 1-3 with Meditation @ Dupont
- Monday 5:15 PM, Flow Yoga 2-3 @ I Street
- Tuesday 12:30 PM, Alignment Flow Yoga 1.5-2 @ I Street
- Wednesday 12:30 PM, Powerful Yoga 1.5-3 @ Bloomingdale
Read on and stop by one of her classes to get to know her better.
Meet Carla, one of our teachers at Yoga District. Learn about her experiences with yoga and her advice for starting a practice or building on an existing routine. Check out Carla’s schedule below and sign up here.
Read on and stop by one of her classes to get to know her better.
- Monday 8:00 PM, Candlelight Flow Yoga 1-1.5+ Restorative @ Glover Park
- Friday 10:00 AM, Dharma Inspired Flow Yoga (All Levels) @ 14th Street
- Friday 12:30 PM, Flow Yoga 1.5-2 @ 14th Street
- Saturday 11:45 AM, Alignment Flow + Yoga for Runners (All Levels)@ Glover Park
Meet Felix, one of our lovely teachers at Yoga District as he shares his journey of how yoga has helped him heal and find community.
“ Your [yoga] practice is never completed. It continues to offer you opportunities to explore various dimensions, perceptions and resolutions within it.”
Check out Felix’’s class schedule below and keep reading to learn more about him:
- Sunday 2:30 PM, Flow Yoga 2-3 @ H Street
- Sunday 630 PM, Baptiste Flow 1.5 @ Grover Park
Meet Edgar one of our lovely teachers at Yoga District as he shares his journey of learning, practicing, and instructing yoga over decades and across continents.
“The most important yoga practice is not on your mat, but in the way you live.”
Check out Edgar’s class schedule below and keep reading to learn more about him:
- Wednesday 10:00 AM, Yoga for Stress Relief (All Levels) @ H Street
- Wednesday 12:30 PM, Flow Yoga 1-1.5 @ H Street
- Wednesday 7:45 PM, All Levels Core Focused Flow @ 14th Street
- Thursday 5:30 PM, Gentle Hatha Yoga for Abs, Back, & Legs @ I Street
- Friday 12:15 PM, Gentle Yoga for All Levels @ Dupont
Meet Andrea one of our lovely teachers! She shares her transformative experience with yoga along with encouraging advice for new and long practicing yogis.
“We grow with small changes that build us up to our optimum level of experience.”
Feel feel to attend one of her classes and read on to learn more about Andrea.
- Andrea’s Class Schedule:
- Wednesdays 8:00 PM, Core- Focused Slow Flow @ Bloomingdale
- Sunday 12:00 PM, Flow Yoga (All Levels) @ H Street
Meet Marissa one of our lovely teachers! She shares encouraging advice for those days when you are not feeling motivated to practice or you are too hard on yourself. She reminds to be caring to both body and mind.
“Be kind to yourself, you are human, and every peak and valley is present to teach you something about yourself (in yoga and in life).”
Feel feel to attend one of her classes and read on to learn more about Marissa.
Marissa’s Class Schedule:
- Mondays 7:45 PM, Rocket Flow Yoga 3 @ 14th Street
- Tuesdays 8:00 PM, Rocket Inspired Flow Yoga 2-3 @ 14th Street
- Saturdays 10:00 AM, Ashtanga: Modified Primary Series (All Levels) @ Bloomingdale
- Sunday 10:00 AM, Flow Yoga 1-2 + Restorative @ Columbia Heights
- Sunday 11:30 AM, Rocket Flow Yoga 2 @ Columbia Heights
The diverse family of DC yoga teachers at Yoga District are dedicated to making yoga accessible to everyone through a huge variety of yoga class types, from vinyasa flow to restorative and beyond. Most Yoga District teachers are graduates of Yoga District’s nationally-attended 200 hour teacher training program. All Yoga District classes focus on coordinating breath with body movement to promote flexibility, strength, and peace of mind. We strongly believe in yoga as therapy, so catch one of our classes whenever you need a healthy dose of self-care.
See all yoga teachers »
The Yoga District 200 and 500 hour teacher training certification programs, registered by the Yoga Alliance are unique in their emphasis on diversity of teaching styles studied, personal attention, and trauma sensitive yoga. It's no coincidence that Yoga District is regularly voted the leading studio in the nation's capital, and that most of its classes are taught by graduates of its training program. As a full time yoga school, small group trainings are led up to eight times a year by a dedicated faculty including Jasmine Chehrazi, contributor to the Harvard Karma Yoga Project teacher training, teacher training faculty at George Washington University, Yoga Alliance Standards Committee Advisory Board Member, Yoga Activist Founder, and Yoga Service Council Advisory Board Member. So take your practice and community involvement to the next level by joining a training. There's a reason why our graduates call the training "transformative."
Check out the yoga teacher training »