Meet Carla, one of our teachers at Yoga District. Learn about her experiences with yoga and her advice for starting a practice or building on an existing routine. Check out Carla’s schedule below and sign up here.
Read on and stop by one of her classes to get to know her better.
- Monday 8:00 PM, Candlelight Flow Yoga 1-1.5+ Restorative @ Glover Park
- Friday 10:00 AM, Dharma Inspired Flow Yoga (All Levels) @ 14th Street
- Friday 12:30 PM, Flow Yoga 1.5-2 @ 14th Street
- Saturday 11:45 AM, Alignment Flow + Yoga for Runners (All Levels)@ Glover Park
Meet Felix, one of our lovely teachers at Yoga District as he shares his journey of how yoga has helped him heal and find community.
“ Your [yoga] practice is never completed. It continues to offer you opportunities to explore various dimensions, perceptions and resolutions within it.”
Check out Felix’’s class schedule below and keep reading to learn more about him:
- Sunday 2:30 PM, Flow Yoga 2-3 @ H Street
- Sunday 630 PM, Baptiste Flow 1.5 @ Grover Park
Ever contemplated becoming a yoga teacher?
What happens in yoga teacher training? Will it be 12 hours of non-stop yoga? Is it like taking yoga class after yoga class? Does the training have a sense of community? Is the history of yoga and different yoga practices taught? Does the training include teaching yoga in a greater context? Will the training suitably instruct me to teach others?
Yoga teacher training no longer needs to be a mystery. Jazmina, a graduate from Yoga District’s Teacher Training, shares her experience.
Meet Edgar one of our lovely teachers at Yoga District as he shares his journey of learning, practicing, and instructing yoga over decades and across continents.
“The most important yoga practice is not on your mat, but in the way you live.”
Check out Edgar’s class schedule below and keep reading to learn more about him:
- Wednesday 10:00 AM, Yoga for Stress Relief (All Levels) @ H Street
- Wednesday 12:30 PM, Flow Yoga 1-1.5 @ H Street
- Wednesday 7:45 PM, All Levels Core Focused Flow @ 14th Street
- Thursday 5:30 PM, Gentle Hatha Yoga for Abs, Back, & Legs @ I Street
- Friday 12:15 PM, Gentle Yoga for All Levels @ Dupont
No two yoga classes are identical, but sometimes something truly unexpected may occur. What if, during your yoga class, one of the students becomes ill? How do the yoga teacher and the rest of the class help that person in need? This is exactly what transpired during one of Andrew’s Yoga District classes.
When a student gets sick in class: stay calm, check their vitals, and, if necessary, call 911. Do your best given the circumstance.
Read on to find out what happened in Andrew’s class and learn how he maintained a safe space for all–even as an emergency situation unfolded. Read more >>
Meet Edwin one of our lovely teachers! Learn about his personal journey with yoga and how he encourages students to have their own transformative experience.
“Yoga has helped me nurture my own individuality.”
Feel feel to attend one of his classes and read on to learn more about Edwin.
Edwin’s Class Schedule:
- Tuesdays 8:00 PM, Flow Yoga 2-3 @ H Street
- Thursdays 6:35 PM, Flow Yoga (All Levels) @ DuPont
Meet Andrea one of our lovely teachers! She shares her transformative experience with yoga along with encouraging advice for new and long practicing yogis.
“We grow with small changes that build us up to our optimum level of experience.”
Feel feel to attend one of her classes and read on to learn more about Andrea.
- Andrea’s Class Schedule:
- Wednesdays 8:00 PM, Core- Focused Slow Flow @ Bloomingdale
- Sunday 12:00 PM, Flow Yoga (All Levels) @ H Street
Meet Marissa one of our lovely teachers! She shares encouraging advice for those days when you are not feeling motivated to practice or you are too hard on yourself. She reminds to be caring to both body and mind.
“Be kind to yourself, you are human, and every peak and valley is present to teach you something about yourself (in yoga and in life).”
Feel feel to attend one of her classes and read on to learn more about Marissa.
Marissa’s Class Schedule:
- Mondays 7:45 PM, Rocket Flow Yoga 3 @ 14th Street
- Tuesdays 8:00 PM, Rocket Inspired Flow Yoga 2-3 @ 14th Street
- Saturdays 10:00 AM, Ashtanga: Modified Primary Series (All Levels) @ Bloomingdale
- Sunday 10:00 AM, Flow Yoga 1-2 + Restorative @ Columbia Heights
- Sunday 11:30 AM, Rocket Flow Yoga 2 @ Columbia Heights
Meet Meghan R., our February Teacher Feature as she shares her yoga journey!
“There is little else beyond yoga that allows you to express movement and breath down to the tips of your fingers and toes..”
Feel feel to attend one of her classes and read on to learn more about Meghan.
Meghan’s Class Schedule:
- Mondays 6:30 PM, Meditative Flow (All Levels) @ Glover Park
- Thursdays 6:35 PM, Meditative Flow @ Dupont
- Fridays 5:30 PM, Yin & Yoga Nidra @ Dupont
- Fridays 6:35 PM, All Levels Flow @ Dupont
- Saturdays 10:15 AM, Yogalates @ Glover Park
Meet Kendall, our December Teacher Feature as she shares her yoga journey!
Warrior III is the yoga pose that best describes Kendall’s life:
“Some days I feel super grounded and strong. Other days I feel a little more wobbly and uneven. Either way, I’m always looking for that sweet spot between strong and soft, open and grounded.”
Feel free to attend one of her class and read on to learn more about Kendall.
Kendall’s Class Schedule:
- Tuesdays at 8 PM, All Levels Flow @ Dupont
- Sundays at 10:45 AM, Flow 2-3 @ 14th St.
- Sundays at 6:45 PM, Powerful Flow 1.5-3 @ 14th St.
The diverse family of DC yoga teachers at Yoga District are dedicated to making yoga accessible to everyone through a huge variety of yoga class types, from vinyasa flow to restorative and beyond. Most Yoga District teachers are graduates of Yoga District’s nationally-attended 200 hour teacher training program. All Yoga District classes focus on coordinating breath with body movement to promote flexibility, strength, and peace of mind. We strongly believe in yoga as therapy, so catch one of our classes whenever you need a healthy dose of self-care.
See all yoga teachers »
The Yoga District 200 and 500 hour teacher training certification programs, registered by the Yoga Alliance are unique in their emphasis on diversity of teaching styles studied, personal attention, and trauma sensitive yoga. It's no coincidence that Yoga District is regularly voted the leading studio in the nation's capital, and that most of its classes are taught by graduates of its training program. As a full time yoga school, small group trainings are led up to eight times a year by a dedicated faculty including Jasmine Chehrazi, contributor to the Harvard Karma Yoga Project teacher training, teacher training faculty at George Washington University, Yoga Alliance Standards Committee Advisory Board Member, Yoga Activist Founder, and Yoga Service Council Advisory Board Member. So take your practice and community involvement to the next level by joining a training. There's a reason why our graduates call the training "transformative."
Check out the yoga teacher training »