Combat the chilly winter weather with a bowl of warm homemade soup!
The best part about this Hearty Vegetable Soup is both healthy and filling.
It is a family and friend favorite! It can be made vegetarian and gluten-free without jeopardizing the flavor or bite satisfaction.
Lentils are jam-packed with flavor and vitamins. This soup is perfect if you already know about the tastiness of lentils or are looking for an easy way to try them!
Try this Hearty Vegetable Soup recipe and stay warm
Hearty Vegetable Soup
Servings: 6 -8
Time: 15 mins to Prep, 45 mins to Cook
- 1 cup small diced Onion
- 1 cup small diced Celery
- 1 cup small diced Carrots
- 2 tsp Salt
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 2 15 oz. cans of Diced Tomatoes (unsalted)
- 8 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 lb of fresh Green Beans – cleaned and trimmed, cut to bite size
- 1 10oz bag of Frozen Corn (I get toasted corn but regular will do)
- 1 cup of Green Lentils
- 1 cup of Orzo or any other small pasta (optional)
- 2 cups of Water
- First, combine the onion, celery, carrots, salt, and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook vegetables for about 5 minutes until soft and onions are translucent.
- Next mix in two cans of diced tomatoes.
- Follow it with vegetable stock and bring up heat to a high simmer.
- Then add the green beans, corn, and lentils.
- Simmer over medium high heat for 25 minutes to cook the lentils.
- If you’re using pasta, stir in the orzo or any other small pasta. Then simmer for another 7-10 minutes until pasta is done cooking.
1. Add in water to get the soup consistency you prefer because the lentils and pasta may soak up some of the liquid. I used 2 cups of water so that there was enough broth for each bite. *You may need to add additional water to any leftovers for this reason as well. Don’t worry it won’t ruin the flavor of the soup.
2. This soup freezes well. For the best result, freeze the soup before adding in the pasta. Pasta has a tendency to soak up the liquid so place it in when you reheat the soup. If you freeze with pasta, you will want to add additional water to the soup when you reheat.
Copyright © 2020 Nicole’s Tasting Spoon
Check out other recipes on the Yoga District Blog