Fight this heat wave with a cold refreshing homemade smoothie!
While outside is ablazed with sun and intense heat, enjoy some relief with these healthy and delicious recipes.
Read on for Smoothie Recipes and stay cool!
I am under the impression that all of these recipes are Vegan and most are Gluten- Free.
Please remember you can always alter any of the recipes I recommend to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
ADD A FROZEN BANANA
A not so well kept secret of vegans is that frozen banana makes an excellent base for any smoothie. It’s adds a creamy texture without an overpowering flavor. It’s an excellent substitute for dairy items like ice cream or yogurt. They are a healthy and beneficial addition to any smoothie! Bananas are high fiber potassium rich food with a resistant starch that has prebiotic effects.
A favorite smoothie of mine is quite simple with only 3 ingredients:
- 1. Add 1.5-2 sliced & frozen bananas to a blender
- 2. Add almond milk
- 3. Add a pinch of cinnamon
- 4. Blend all the ingredient until desired consistency.
Tips: Try different amounts of almond milk and cinnamon until you reach your preferred consistency and taste.
- For a chocolate version then add some unsweetened cocoa powder
- Try another type of non-dairy milk instead of almond milk
- Add in flaxseed or vanilla extract like in Wholesome Banana Almond Milk Smoothie
- Throw in some oats and almond butter like in Vegan Banana Butter Almond Milk Smoothie
Try these creative recipes: 7 Quick & Easy Vegan Banana Smoothies
Why not make a homemade smoothie? Not only do they taste great, are healthy but they cost much less than buying one at a juice or smoothie shop.
Here are some wonderfully refreshing options:
- Cherry Limeade Smoothie
- Creamy Breakfast Chocolate Shake
- Gingery Mango Berry Smoothie
- Hide Your Kale Smoothie
- My Favorite Green Smoothie
- Spotlight Mango Green Smoothie
- Summer Berry Smoothie
- Vegan Peach Oat Smoothie
Tips: Avoid adding too many ingredients. The best tasting smoothies usually contain only a few ingredients.
DETOX VEGAN SMOOTHIES
For when you want something refreshing and cleansing:
- Turmeric & Cinnamon (anti-inflammatory and antioxidant)
- Flaxseed (high in fiber)
- Spinach (iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, and protein)
- Chia Seed (healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidant, and calcium)
- Lemon (digestion aid)
Summer never tasted so good!
Want more Recipes? Check out Healthy Treats or Soup.